Southern Unfried Chicken
- 4 to 6
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 45 Min
What You'll Need:
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
cup whole wheat or regular Panko bread crumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
teaspoon salt (optional)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Submerge chicken breasts in marinade and allow to soak at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours).
- While chicken is marinating, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, ground red pepper, paprika, and salt, if desired. Shake to blend.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Using tongs, remove chicken from marinade and place in bag with bread crumb mixture. Shake well, until chicken is evenly coated with bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet and chill uncovered in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat each chicken breast with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.
Want even more chicken dinner recipes? Check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 9 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 23 14