Southern Unfried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 to 6
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 45 Min
If you're craving a true southern staple like fried chicken but you don't want to feel guilty afterwards, then Chef Art Smith has the perfect solution Southern Unfried Fried Chicken. Packed with tons of flavor and crunch, you won't even miss the real thing!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat or regular Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Cooking spray
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Submerge chicken breasts in marinade and allow to soak at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours).
- While chicken is marinating, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, ground red pepper, paprika, and salt, if desired. Shake to blend.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Using tongs, remove chicken from marinade and place in bag with bread crumb mixture. Shake well, until chicken is evenly coated with bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet and chill uncovered in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat each chicken breast with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.
Don't forget to serve this yummy chicken recipe with our Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad. It makes the perfect summer combination!
Want even more chicken dinner recipes? Check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 9 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like copycat restaurant recipes, then our recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie is right up your alley. This recipe tastes like it came straight out of your favorite steakhouse. It's the flavorful blend of seasonings that really give it that "down under" flavor!