Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're betting even your most finicky veggie eaters will be tempted to give our delicious Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad a try. This fresh-tasting colorful, healthy summer salad is sure to be a highlight whenever you serve it. Try adding almonds, raisins or sunflower seeds to this simple broccoli salad for some extra variety!
What You'll Need:
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into 1/2-inch florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, tomatoes, onion, cheese, and bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For extra crispy bacon, try cooking it in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. The trick is to place it in a cool oven and then pre-heat!
- To add variety to this simple broccoli salad, add some almonds, raisins, or sunflower seeds!
- Try our other favorite healthy, creamy, and crunchy salads: Confetti Vegetable Salad and Best Broccoli Salad.
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!