We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We came up with these almond cookies that remind us of fortune cookies but are so much easier to make.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and almond extract; mix well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; beat until well combined and the dough is stiff.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly and push an almond lightly into the top of each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can add a little more or less almond extract, depending on how "almondy" you want the cookies to be.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Roll up your sleeves and get those napkins ready, 'cause these deliciously juicy burgers are sure to leave a mess. Once you sink your teeth into our inside-out take on a cheeseburger you'll understand why we call these our Five Napkin Burgers. So what are you waiting for? Let's get messy!