Passover Mandel Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get ready for a Passover dessert recipe you're going to be saving again for next year! Our recipe for Passover Mandel bread uses cake meal instead of flour, so you can have some after dinner for the next eight days. With a combination of chocolate, cinnamon, and walnuts, you too can have this biscotti-like Passover dessert this spring.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 6 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups cake meal
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cream 2 cups sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift cake meal, potato starch and salt and fold into egg mixture. Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and place each onto prepared baking sheets. Form each portion into an oval about 3- x 8-inches. Sprinkle the top of each oval with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. While warm, slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
For a crisper mandel bread, place the slices on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes per side.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.