Passover Mandel Bread
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
Get ready for a Passover dessert recipe you're going to be saving again for next year! Our recipe for Passover Mandel bread uses cake meal instead of flour, so you can have some after dinner for the next eight days. With a combination of chocolate, cinnamon, and walnuts, you too can have this biscotti-like Passover dessert this spring.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
pound butter (2 sticks)
- 6 eggs
- 2 3/4
cups cake meal
cup potato starch
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cream 2 cups sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift cake meal, potato starch and salt and fold into egg mixture. Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and place each onto prepared baking sheets. Form each portion into an oval about 3- x 8-inches. Sprinkle the top of each oval with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. While warm, slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
For a crisper mandel bread, place the slices on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes per side.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES