Passover Mandel Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get ready for a Passover dessert recipe you're going to be saving again for next year! Our recipe for Passover Mandel bread uses cake meal instead of flour, so you can have some after dinner for the next eight days. With a combination of chocolate, cinnamon, and walnuts, you too can have this biscotti-like Passover dessert this spring.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
- 6 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups cake meal
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cream 2 cups sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift cake meal, potato starch and salt and fold into egg mixture. Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and place each onto prepared baking sheets. Form each portion into an oval about 3- x 8-inches. Sprinkle the top of each oval with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. While warm, slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
For a crisper mandel bread, place the slices on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 minutes per side.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Pinwheels
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Walnut Wedges
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Long Stemmed Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies