Asian Deviled Eggs
This flavorful East meets West variation on traditional deviled eggs will excite their taste buds and win you extra raves for your Asian inspiration!
What You'll Need:
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (with 2 teaspoons reserved)
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, mayonnaise, sesame oil, and sesame seeds (excluding the reserved 2 teaspoons), wasabi powder, salt and black pepper; mix well.
- Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture (see Tip) and place on a platter. Top each egg with sliced scallion and sprinkle with reserved sesame seeds. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place egg mixture in a resealable plastic storage bag, seal, and cut tip off one corner of bag. Pipe egg mixture into egg white halves.
- Make an international platter by mixing up different varieties such as Italian, Mediterranean and Mexican Deviled Eggs.
For more information about eggs and World Egg Day, visit www.incredibleegg.org. Visit www.GoodEggProject.org to learn more about modern egg farming and how to give back to the community and live more healthfully.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
05 22 13