Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're thinking that souffles are too delicate, too touchy, and too much work to prepare, think again! We've got a quick way to make a cheese souffle without all the usual hassles.
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed and slices cut in half diagonally
- 4 cups (16 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart souffle or baking dish (with 4-inch sides) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly beat together the eggs, milk, ground red pepper, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with 4 bread halves. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese and pour one-third of the milk mixture on top; press down. Repeat layers twice. Press everything down lightly to saturate the bread.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until brown and bubbly, and a knife inserted through center shows that bottom is set.
- For a creamier souffle, assemble then refrigerate this several hours before planning to serve. Bake just before serving. (It could take 10 to 15 minutes longer to cook after being stored in the fridge.)
- You can also add 2 thickly sliced tomatoes, cooked broccoli, asparagus, green beans, or leftover cooked ham or chicken to vary the souffle a bit. Just add the meat or vegetables on top of the bread-cheese-milk layers and press down. Repeat sequence twice, ending with meat or veggies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!
- Southwest Breakfast Burritos
- Amish Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- Southern Breakfast Scramble
- Barn Raising Breakfast
- Coffee Cup Scramble