Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
If you're thinking that souffles are too delicate, too touchy, and too much work to prepare, think again! We've got a quick way to make a cheese souffle without all the usual hassles.
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Dash ground red pepper
teaspoon mustard powder
teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed and slices cut in half diagonally
- 4 cups (16 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart souffle or baking dish (with 4-inch sides) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly beat together the eggs, milk, ground red pepper, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with 4 bread halves. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese and pour one-third of the milk mixture on top; press down. Repeat layers twice. Press everything down lightly to saturate the bread.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until brown and bubbly, and a knife inserted through center shows that bottom is set.
- For a creamier souffle, assemble then refrigerate this several hours before planning to serve. Bake just before serving. (It could take 10 to 15 minutes longer to cook after being stored in the fridge.)
- You can also add 2 thickly sliced tomatoes, cooked broccoli, asparagus, green beans, or leftover cooked ham or chicken to vary the souffle a bit. Just add the meat or vegetables on top of the bread-cheese-milk layers and press down. Repeat sequence twice, ending with meat or veggies.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 17 14