Crab Stuffed Catfish
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
It sure is easy to dress up catfish! This southern dinner recipe is a real treat 'cause it combines two of our favorite kinds of seafood: catfish and crab. This is the type of recipe you pull out when you're really trying to show off to your family and friends, but do you want to know a secret? It only sounds difficult to make. It's actually pretty simple! Just follow a few simple steps and in about a half hour, you can have a tasty southern dinner on your table.
What You'll Need:
- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 can (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted divided
teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon black pepper, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, bread crumbs, celery, eggs, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- Place the catfish fillets on a work surface and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread the crabmeat stuffing equally down the center of each fillet, roll up, and place seam side down in the baking dish. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES