We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 35 Min
If you love salmon and are looking for a new way to add some fresh flavor to your fish, then you've got to try this recipe. The secret ingredient in our tasty glaze is fresh watermelon, and no matter the time of year, you can find this juicy fruit year-round.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 cups watermelon chunks, pureed (see Note)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and salmon. Seal tightly and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine watermelon puree, orange marmalade, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Keep warm.
- Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray and cook salmon over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately with watermelon glaze.
To puree the watermelon, place chunks in blender or food processor and blend until puree forms.
- For more great watermelon recipes, please visit www.watermelon.org.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.