Jelly Bean Brittle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Jelly beans aren't just for special occasions--not when you can use 'em to make a sweet, old-fashioned candy recipe! Our Jelly Bean Brittle is a colorful treat the kids will love 'cause they can break off the perfect-sized piece and take it with to munch on throughout the day. It's the kind of candy you might find in a nostalgic, small-town candy shop, so if you're looking for a trip down memory lane, try this easy candy recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups miniature jelly beans
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat the foil with cooking spray. Coat a spatula with cooking spray.
- Spread jelly beans evenly over the foil.
- In a soup pot, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; without stirring, boil 10 to 12 minutes, or until the syrup begins to turn golden and reaches the hard crack stage.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the butter, baking soda, and salt (the mixture will foam). Continue stirring for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture is shiny.
- Pour over the jelly beans and spread quickly with prepared spatula. Allow to cool completely, then invert onto a clean work surface.
- Remove the foil, then break into bite-sized pieces. Serve, or store in an airtight container.
To easily determine the hard crack stage, drop a bit of the mixture from a teaspoon into a glass of cold water. If it hardens and forms strands in the water, then it has reached the hard crack stage. If not, continue to cook the mixture, then test it again after a bit.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for an even easier way to enjoy stuffed peppers, look no further than this Stuffed Peppers Casserole. It's got everything you love about stuffed peppers, but in the form of a hearty casserole! That means no hassle whatsoever - just lots of yummy eating!