Pineapple Citrus Cream Squares
What You'll Need:
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages lemon-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 1 cup juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2
cups grated carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water, reserved pineapple juice, and orange peel; mix well. Chill 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in pineapple and carrot. Pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Chill 1 hour.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over pineapple gelatin mixture.
Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until firm.
When ready to serve, garnish with orange slices.
Gelatin desserts are such a refreshing go-along with so many meals. Here's our recipe for Waldorf Gelatin -- give it a try!
This recipe was also one of our Top 10 TV Recipes of 2012! Check out the rest here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES