Not Traditional Baklava
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've shortened the work, shortened the time, and shortened the cleanup of this traditional Greek dessert. One thing we didn't shorten is the taste!
What You'll Need:
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (from a 17 -ounce package), slightly thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a rolling pin, roll out puff pastry sheet into a 12" x 14" rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise and place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts and honey. Spread half the mixture lengthwise along center of each dough half.
- Using a pastry brush or paper towel, moisten edges of pastry dough with some of the beaten egg. Evenly fold dough lengthwise over filling. Seal edges of dough tightly by pressing seams together with the tines of a fork.
- Brush tops of both rolls with beaten egg then bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly brush tops with melted butter. Cool 10 minutes before cutting diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
After brushing baklava with butter, you can spoon the hot honey and butter drippings from the baking sheet over the tops (before they cool).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.
- Buttercream Frosting
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- "That Cherry Stuff"
- No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- Mighty Marshmallow Crescent Puffs
- Lemon Squares
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk