We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When apple season rolls around we like to celebrate by making Apple Fritters. These sweet and crunchy deep-fried cakes, topped off with confectioners' sugar, are sure to bring back some great Fall memories!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 to 5 apples, peeled, cored, and cut in 1/4-inch-thick round slices
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, milk, and egg; mix well.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Dip apple slices into batter, one at a time, then place in oil.
Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Carefully dip hot fritters in sugar, coating completely. Serve immediately.
If the batter becomes too thick, be sure to add a tablespoon or two of milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve these up with our incredible Spiced Caramel Apple Cider and be prepared for utter joy!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Crepes Suzette
- Buttercream Frosting
- Cookie Peach Cobbler
- 14 Pineapple Dessert Recipes: Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and More Tropical Desserts
- 37 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- 13 Foolproof Fruit Cobbler Recipes
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Pineapple Fritters
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting