Confetti Couscous Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This colorful confetti of tastes and textures from the veggies to the Feta cheese livens up our chilled Confetti Couscous Salad. Get ready for raves when you serve this super change of pace go-along at any of your gatherings.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring water or broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly fluff couscous and place in a large bowl to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Stir in cheese just before serving.
What is Couscous? Couscous is a type of tiny pasta made of wheat or barely. It's traditional to North African cuisine, but today couscous has become popular in American home-cooking. It's a great accompaniment to meat, especially meat stew, and it can also be used as filler in meat patties. Couscous is a great standby starch for anytime of the year, and it's a nice change of pace from white rice or potatoes.
Confetti Couscous Salad is a non-traditional couscous recipe, which we like to serve at potlucks or along side a nicely cooked piece of meat (see also our Spring Vegetable Couscous). If you're interested in a more traditional couscous recipe, check out our One-Pot Couscous recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!