Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try our Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti tonight. It's a satisfying, homestyle baked Italian favorite that you'll find a cinch to make from scratch, especially when you use our fool-proof trick for filling the pasta shells!
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces manicotti shells
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella chesse, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper. Add broccoli; mix well.
- Fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup cheese mixture (see Notes) and place in prepared baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over stuffed shells and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
For an easy way to fill manicotti shells, place cheese mixture in a resealable plastic storage bag. Snip off a corner of bag and squeeze cheese mixture into shells.
For an extra burst of flavor, add 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the cheese mixture.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.