Linguine and Mussels Marinara
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
- READY IN
- 23 Min
We can't go wrong with this classic Italian dish, Linguine and Mussels Marinara. It is the perfect meal with such simple ingredients.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 pound fresh, farm-raised mussels
- 2 cups chunky-style pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, rinse mussels in cold water; remove beards on mussels, and scrub shells thoroughly with a brush. Discard any opened or cracked mussels. Combine mussels, pasta sauce, and red pepper in a large deep skillet. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until mussels open. (Discard any unopened mussels.)
- Place drained pasta into individual shallow bowls. Top with mussels and sauce; sprinkle with chopped basil. Serve immediately.
Before preparing, tap mussels that have an opened shell. If they close, they're fine to cook; if they remain open, discard them along with any cracked mussels. To debeard a mussel, grasp the hairlike beard with your thumb and forefinger, and pull it away from the shell. Then the mussels are ready for a quick simmer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!