Lemon Meringue Pie
An all-time favorite, our Lemon Meringue Pie recipe tastes like a sweet and tangy slice of heaven. You'll love the yummy meringue topping!
What You'll Need:
- 1 folded, refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 1/2
cups sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon butter
cup fresh lemon juice
teaspoon cream of tartar
What To Do:
- Unfold pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate, then flute if desired. Bake pie shell according to package directions; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and salt; mix well. Gradually whisk in water and milk, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture comes to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup milk mixture then whisk yolk mixture back into saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter and lemon juice. Pour filling into pie shell; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, with an electric beater, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form, making meringue.
- Spread meringue over top of pie filling, sealing to edge of crust. Using a spatula or back of a tablespoon, form peaks in meringue, and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool then slice and serve.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 13 14
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here it is, the ultimate weeknight dinner solution and one of our easiest baked pork chop recipes! This Pork Chop Casserole comes together in minutes and fills the house with an aroma that will bring your gang running to the table. It's hard to find the perfect pork chop casserole recipe that everyone in the house will agree to eat, but this pork chop and rice casserole is just that. Serve it with a side of broccoli or other veggies, and you've got yourself one tasty meal!