We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's game day or just a busy day, our Meatball Calzones are a great choice for both. They're quick to put together, quick to bake, and even quicker to gobble up. And since we like to overstuff our calzones, you can bet everyone will feel full and satisfied!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen meatballs, (about 18 meatballs)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into 2 balls. On a lightly floured surface, spread each dough ball with your fingertips or the heel of your hand to make a 7- to 8-inch circle. Place half the meatballs on each dough circle, forming a semicircle of filling on half of each dough circle and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.Evenly distribute mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and cheese over meatballs. Fold dough over filling, forming half-moons. With your fingers or a fork, pinch edges together firmly to seal.
- Place calzones on baking sheet and brush the top of each with 1 teaspoon oil. Pierce the tops 3 or 4 times with a fork or knife.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until crust is golden. Serve with extra spaghetti sauce on the side.
- Since meatballs vary in size, if the ones you pick up are bigger than a golf ball, cut them in half.
- Our All Star Zucchini is a great go-along for these hearty calzones!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In China, long noodles are eaten during the New Year to symbolize a wish for a long life. Whether or not you celebrate, we think everyone could agree on living a long, happy, and healthy life, which is why we've come up with our own way of making Lucky Chinese Noodles!