We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you can't decide if you want a sandwich or pizza, have both! This hot and hearty Meatball Calzone has it all.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 12 frozen meatballs, thawed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, plus extra for dipping
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into 2 balls. On a lightly floured surface, spread each dough ball with your fingertips or the heel of your hand to make a 7- to 8-inch circle. Place half of the meatball halves on each dough circle, forming a semicircle of filling on half of each dough circle and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.Evenly distribute mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, and cheese over meatball halves. Fold dough over filling, forming half-moons. With your fingers or a fork, pinch edges together firmly to seal.
- Place calzones on baking sheet and brush the top of each with 1 teaspoon oil. Pierce the tops 3 or 4 times with a fork or knife.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until crust is golden. Serve with extra spaghetti sauce on the side.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!