Amish Sausage Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 26 to 28 balls
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for Amish Sausage Balls is so versatile! Whether as a crowd-pleasing appetizer or as a robust main dish, the Amish country flavors come through as loud and clear as the sound of a horse and buggy coming down a country road.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine sausage, bread crumbs, onion, and egg; mix well then form into 1/2-inch balls.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown sausage balls 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over sausage balls, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
These are traditionally served over rice or curly noodles. However, we also found these perfect as an appetizer served on toothpicks.
If you want to make these ahead of time, that's fine. Just reheat on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven.
- If you liked this Amish recipe, be sure to try our Amish Beef Barley Soup!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!