Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Okay, okay, no self-respecting St. Patrick's Day corned beef would be complete without the crunch and taste of cabbage! Well, we've just made it partners with our mashed potatoes, so now we've got an old favorite that's traditionally called Champs, but it's got a modern twist!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add cabbage, water, onion powder, salt, and pepper; cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 5 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and mix just until combined; serve.
- Champ Potatoes can really be made with any type of vegetables added to potatoes, but I like this cabbage version as the perfect go-along for Corned Beef and Carrots. Season yours with extra salt and pepper if desired, and don't worry about using instant mashed potatoes. (That's what I do!)
- Plus, if you liked this recipe, be sure to check out another Irish favorite with our Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.