Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 22 Min
Okay, okay, no self-respecting St. Patrick's Day corned beef would be complete without the crunch and taste of cabbage! Well, we've just made it partners with our mashed potatoes, so now we've got an old favorite that's traditionally called Champs, but it's got a modern twist!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups warm mashed potatoes
What To Do:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded cabbage, water, salt, and pepper; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook for 5 more minutes, or until wilted, stirring frequently. Add the potatoes and mix just until combined; serve.
Champ Potatoes can really be made with any type of vegetables added to potatoes, but I like this cabbage version as the perfect go-along for Corned Beef and Carrots. Season yours with extra salt and pepper if desired, and don't worry about using instant mashed potatoes. (That's what I do!)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!