Not-So-Skinny Mashed Potatoes
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
If you're counting calories and fat, you might want to skip this one. But they're so scrumptious, I couldn't wait to share this good old American recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
to 1/2 cup reserved potato cooking water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Place the potato pieces in a large pot, adding enough water to cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the cooking water; place the potatoes in a large bowl. Cut the butter and cream cheese into small pieces and add to the potatoes, along with the sour cream and 1/4 cup of the reserved potato cooking water.
- Beat with an electric mixer or potato masher until light and fluffy, adding more of the reserved potato water if needed to reach desired consistency. Season with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
07 03 13