Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Not-So-Skinny Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're counting calories and fat, you might want to skip this one. But they're so scrumptious, I couldn't wait to share this good old American recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved potato cooking water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Place the potato pieces in a large pot, adding enough water to cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the cooking water; place the potatoes in a large bowl. Cut the butter and cream cheese into small pieces and add to the potatoes, along with the sour cream and 1/4 cup of the reserved potato cooking water.
- Beat with an electric mixer or potato masher until light and fluffy, adding more of the reserved potato water if needed to reach desired consistency. Season with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.