Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It really doesn't get much more traditional than this. These Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes live up to their name with a recipe that Grandma would have tucked away in her cookbook. Using classic ingredients and a homemade touch, you too can make a mashed potato recipe you'll pass onto your children and grandchildren. And let's face it—mashed potatoes really do need to be homemade to taste this good.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook over high heat until boiling, then reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl; add the remaining ingredients and beat with an electric beater on medium speed until smooth.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole dish that has been coated with vegetable spray, cover, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until warmed through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your lunch box or afternoon snack could use a little change-of-pace, then you're going to go crazy for these...Crazy Corn Dog Muffins! What's crazy about them? Well, aside from being "crazy good" they're also super easy to make and very portable!