Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Old Fashioned Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes pair perfectly with our fork-tender Crowd Pleasing Brisket. Enjoy them at Hanukkah or anytime you need a comforting company-fancy dinner.
What You'll Need:
- 4 Idaho baking potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled, shredded or grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
Place potatoes and onion in a strainer and press down on them with the back of a large spoon to extract excess moisture. If they’re still watery, wrap them in a clean dish towel and squeeze to extract the remaining moisture.
Place in a large bowl and add egg; mix well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper, mixing well.
In a large skillet, heat oil, then drop 1/2 cup batter for each pancake onto the skillet, being careful not to crowd skillet. Fry pancakes 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden on both sides, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
- If you prefer your potato pancakes really crispy, fry them until they’re flecked with brown.
- A great pairing for Hanukkah or other special dinners is our Crowd-Pleasing Brisket. It's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.