Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
You'll never want plain rice again when you stir up this colorful, flavorful version. Saffron tints it golden, broth flavors it just right, and raisins add a touch of sweetness. This dish accompanies chicken and pork dishes with real flair!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron (see note)
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven, and sauté onion 5 minutes. Stir in rice and saffron; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in raisins. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Since saffron can be pricey, it's okay to substitute an equal amount of turmeric for it here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!