Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
You'll never want plain rice again when you stir up this colorful, flavorful version. Saffron tints it golden, broth flavors it just right, and raisins add a touch of sweetness. This dish accompanies chicken and pork dishes with real flair!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron (see note)
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven, and sauté onion 5 minutes. Stir in rice and saffron; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in raisins. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Since saffron can be pricey, it's okay to substitute an equal amount of turmeric for it here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.