New Fashioned Banana Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't love great banana flavor? We think this New Fashioned Banana Pudding is so delicious, everyone will find it irresistible!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (6-serving-size) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (12-ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or banana extract
What To Do:
In a large bowl, combine milk and half-and-half ; add pudding mix and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, or until smooth; set aside.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Arrange one-third of vanilla wafers in bottom of a 3-quart baking dish. Slice 2 bananas; layer slices over wafers. Pour one-third of pudding mixture over bananas. Repeat layers twice, arranging wafers around edge of dish.
Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves, 2 to 4 minutes. Fold in vanilla. Spread meringue over pudding, sealing to edge of dish.
Bake 25 minutes, or until golden.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Classic Rice Pudding
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Creamy Rice Pudding
- Georgia Bread Pudding
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Black and White Napoleon Pudding
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding