Watermelon Cranberry Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A surprising burst of fresh watermelon chunks adds excitement to homemade cranberry sauce. Sweet and tangy Watermelon Cranberry Sauce will be the talk of your table at the holidays and anytime you serve this sassy relish.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups minced watermelon
What To Do:
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice and zest over medium-low heat. Simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cranberries are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add maple syrup. Simmer another few minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir in watermelon and serve warm, or chill until ready to serve.
Makes 4 cups sauce.
For more watermelon recipes and information, visit www.watermelon.org.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad that's tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises is sure to be one of your favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties!
- Fresh Pesto Sauce Recipe: How to Make Pesto Sauce
- Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
- Easy Avocado Spread
- Blue Ribbon Strawberry Preserves
- Pushcart Onion Sauce
- 21 Homemade Salsa Recipes
- Skillet Sausage Gravy
- Old Time Hot Dog Sauce
- Amish Chow Chow Relish
- Simple Homemade Pickles