Classic Meatball Subs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love Italian food, then you'll love our tasty homemade meatballs that are as at home on a hoagie roll as they are atop a plate of spaghetti! Mangia and enjoy our Classic Meatball Subs!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients except sauce and rolls (see Tip); mix well. Form mixture into 12 meatballs and place in a soup pot. Add spaghetti sauce and stir gently to mix.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Place 3 meatballs on each roll, spoon on some sauce, and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- The key to plump, tender meatballs is not to over-mix, over-handle, or pack the meat mixture. Treat the ground beef with a little TLC and you'll end up with some of the best meatballs you've ever had.
- Toast the rolls with a little bit of garlic butter. Mmmm!
- Looking for another great sandwich idea? Try our Baked Italian Heroes for a tasty option!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!