Roast Pork Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You better grab a handful of napkins, 'cause this classic Philadelphia favorite is just oozing with flavor. Mr. Food went to the source to get their tricks on how to perfect an authentic Roast Pork Sandwich. You won't want to miss out.
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/4 pounds boneless pork butt roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce ) package fresh spinach (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus extra for seasoning roast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus extra for seasoning roast
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pork in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, or until no pink remains. Cool meat 15 to 20 minutes, remove from roasting pan, and slice thinly.
- Place beef broth in a small skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In another skillet, sauté spinach with oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Place 2 slices of provolone cheese on each hoagie roll. Using tongs, dip meat slices into beef broth and place on top of cheese. Top with sautéed spinach and spoon extra beef broth onto each roll. Serve immediately.
To make this really authentic, use broccoli rabe instead of spinach. It’s your choice!
For more information about DiNic’s at Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia’s historic farmers’ market, the location of today’s show, visit http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/merchants/view/56.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
- State Fair Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Italian Style Sourdough Melt
- Company Fancy Chicken Wraps
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches