Roast Pork Sandwiches
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr 25 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 25 Min
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/4
pounds boneless pork butt roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce ) package fresh spinach (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
teaspoon salt plus extra for seasoning roast
teaspoon black pepper plus extra for seasoning roast
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pork in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, or until no pink remains. Cool meat 15 to 20 minutes, remove from roasting pan, and slice thinly.
- Place beef broth in a small skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In another skillet, sauté spinach with oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Place 2 slices of provolone cheese on each hoagie roll. Using tongs, dip meat slices into beef broth and place on top of cheese. Top with sautéed spinach and spoon extra beef broth onto each roll. Serve immediately.
To make this really authentic, use broccoli rabe instead of spinach. It’s your choice!
For more information about DiNic’s at Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia’s historic farmers’ market, the location of today’s show, visit http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/merchants/view/56.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
05 17 12