Chilled Summer Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the simplest pleasures of summer is a refreshing bowl of chilled soup. Whether you make a fruit soup or this super veggie-packed version of Chilled Summer Soup, you'll never break a sweat to make it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 quart low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 medium-sized plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (green onions)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, chicken broth, oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Using a wire whisk, mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Makes 8 cups soup.
- You can substitute zucchini, red bell pepper, and basil for the cucumber, tomatoes, and dill, or make it your own with any combo of veggies and herbs you're in the mood for!
- If you're looking for more chilled soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!