Worth the Wait Cabbage Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Worth the Wait Cabbage Soup has been handed down in Patty's family for generations. The original recipe had to be simmered for hours but with our shortcut version, we can enjoy the same great taste in much less time.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
If you enjoyed our recipe for Worth the Wait Cabbage Soup, then be sure to check out our collection of 33 Sensational Soup Recipes.
For a heartier soup, you can add 1 pound beef shoulder or chuck, cut into chunks. Just cook for an extra hour or until the beef is fork-tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.