Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
This classic Split Pea Soup is chock full of fresh ingredients and wholesome good taste! We like to serve it up with crusty bread to soak up every last drop!
What You'll Need:
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound fully cooked boneless ham, chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) packages dry green split peas
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
You can use leftover ham in this, or buy it right from the deli case. Don't forget to refrigerate any leftovers! And if the soup is too thick after it has been chilled, just stir in some water when rewarming it to achieve the desired consistency.
- Top off your homemade soup with some homemade croutons -- they'll think you're a kitchen wizard!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.