Fresh Corn Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Garden-fresh corn on the cob is the key to making these awesome Fresh Corn Cakes. Whether you serve these as is for a novel veggie side dish, or drizzled with a bit of honey for brunch, you can't go wrong.
What You'll Need:
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 2-1/2 cups), divided (see Note)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What To Do:
- In a food processor, combine 1-3/4 cups corn kernels, the eggs, milk, and butter; process 3 to 4 times, or just until corn is coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, mozzarella cheese, chives, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir in remaining corn kernels and the chopped corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Over high heat, pour 1/8 cup batter per corn cake onto griddle. (Do not spread or flatten cakes.) Cook cakes in batches 3 to 4 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Turn and cook on other side 2 to 3 more minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
- Plus, if you loved this corn recipe, be sure to check out our recipe for Country Corn Casserole!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.