Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer yields some of the best produce! Our Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a creative way to utilize some of those delicious veggies you have growing in your garden or picked up from the market!
What You'll Need:
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving 1/4-inch shell (use a small spoon for this). Reserve pulp from both zucchinis and chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine pulp, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil and 1/2 cup cheese. Divide mixture evenly between zucchini shells. Place stuffed zucchinis in prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until zucchinis are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil and serve.
There's so much you can do with zucchini! Why not bake a loaf of our Super Moist Zucchini Bread?!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!