We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Today's shortcut version of Australia's national dessert, "the Pavlova," is a down-under classic! Named for a beloved 20th century ballerina, it's a cream-filled meringue cake topped with a burst of fresh berries.
What You'll Need
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (4-serving-size) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint raspberries
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the vanilla extract then spoon the mixture into the pie plate, spreading the meringue evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the plate.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until light golden; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk, and almond extract; beat until slightly thickened. Fold in the whipped topping then pour mixture into the cooled meringue crust. Top with the raspberries and serve, or chill until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.