Cold Fudge Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Let's take a trip down memory lane with an easy dessert recipe that tastes like home. Our Cold Fudge Cake is Patty's favorite childhood dessert and, after one creamy bite, you'll see why. So, layer on the sweet flavors and get ready for a dessert that you'll want to turn into a family tradition.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, flour, and 3/4 cup nuts. Press mixture lightly into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a firm crust forms; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until thickened; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and half the whipped topping; mix well.
- Using a wet table knife, spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled crust. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture over top of cream cheese mixture then top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Cover and chill overnight, or at least 6 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Check This Out!
- Serve this with a cup of our Steaming Mocha Cocoa or a tall glass of milk for a heavenly combination!
- We call this recipe Cold Fudge Cake, but you may know it as Texas Yum Yum Cake. Either way, it's the perfect crowd-pleaser! For more Texas recipes (including our Texas Sheet Cake!) click here.
- Want even more easy fudge recipes? Check out our collection of To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 8 Homemade Fudge Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 548
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 38g 58 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 98 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 8.5g 17 %
- Cholesterol 95mg 32 %
- Sodium 460mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.