Date Night Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Treat your sweetie to a slice of this chocolate cake with strawberries and get ready to be smothered in lots of love! Our Date Night Cake is perfect for Valentine's Day or any other special occasion with your loved ones.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Bake cake according to package directions for two 9-inch round layers; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat pudding mix and milk until well combined; allow to thicken slightly.
- Invert 1 cake layer onto serving plate. Spread 1 cup pudding over cake layer and cover with strawberry slices.
- Add whipped topping to the remaining pudding and mix until thoroughly combined. Place second cake layer rounded side up over strawberries then frost top only with whipped topping mixture.
- Chill at least 2 hours. Serve or cover loosely and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Garnish with fresh strawberries.
And for more amazing cake mix recipes, check out our collection page 39 To-Die-For Recipes With Cake Mix!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 401
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 19g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.9g 12 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 589mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether love is in the air, or you're just hanging out with a good friend, we have the perfect dinner for two! Our Garlic Steamed Clams are seasoned to perfection! Plus, when you serve 'em up with a side of cheesy bread, we bet that no matter what the occasion, you'll have a night to remember!