We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
While our Peppermint Frosting is the perfect addition to any holiday cake, it's also great on after-dinner desserts, too! We just love the cool, refreshing, mint flavor!
What You'll Need
- 10 red-and-white peppermint hard candies, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a blender on high speed or in a food processor that has been fitted with a steel cutting blade, crush the candies into a fine powder. Place the powdered candy in a medium-sized bowl and add the butter and vanilla; mix well. Add the water and the confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time, blending thoroughly with an electric beater on medium speed after each addition.
Makes about 2 cups.
This makes enough frosting for an 8- or 9-inch layer cake or a 9" x 13" sheet cake. If you'd rather not bring out the blender or food processor, you can make this even easier by substituting 1 teaspoon mint extract for the crushed hard candies. (And you can even add 8 to 10 drops green food color, if you'd like.)
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're craving something fresh-tasting and satisfying, fill your plate up with our Italian Spring Fling Pasta. This angel hair pasta dish features some great springtime flavors. One whiff of this is all it'll take to get your family to the dinner table.