Fresh Apple Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a great orchard taste to our Fresh Apple Cookies, 'cause they're made with fresh apples, crunchy walnuts, and cinnamon-nutmeg spices. Bake these cookies up in the fall and serve them with a tall glass of milk!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped apples, any variety
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg. Add the flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in the 1/4 cup milk until well blended. Stir in the apples and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and remaining milk; mix until smooth.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets and let cool. Drizzle with glaze.
Cool before wrapping so that the cookies won't stick to each other.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 97
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 5.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 55mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!