Linzer Tart Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make unique cookies this season! Pick your favorite jam flavors and get your best cookie cutters out for these little delights! Linzer Tart Cookies are perfect for a lunchtime tea, an after dinner conversation, or those late night cravings. Can't you picture them lining your cutest seasonal china?
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup jam or preserves (see Note)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, egg vanilla, and salt until creamy. Gradually add flour, beating until well mixed. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out each piece to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles and place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using a canape cutter, a sharp knife, a 1-inch round cookie cutter, or a water bottle cap, cut out 1-inch circles or small shapes from the center of half of the cookies.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread jam evenly over the solid cookies. Sprinkle remaining cookies with confectioners' sugar. Place cookies with cutouts over jam-topped cookies. Serve, or store in an airtight container.
Any flavor jam can be used, but we like to use an assortment so there are different colors peeking through the holes in the cookie tops.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 123
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 65mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!