Mexican Hot Chocolate
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mexican chocolate is rich and flavorful, and it's easy to have those same flavors in our own homemade hot chocolate. When we combine plain cocoa with these spices?, boy is it warm and inviting!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cocoa, flour, cinnamon, and cloves. Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar and cocoa are dissolved and the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add the milk and heat, but do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla; serve immediately.
For extra creaminess, top each mug with whipped cream. Oh, yes - don't forget to dust each serving with a bit of cocoa and maybe even some slivered almonds.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.