Heavenly Lamb Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're probably thinking, "What a combination of ingredients!" But when simmered together, they're simply heavenly!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (17-ounce) can apricot halves in heavy syrup, juice reserved
What to Do
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; add lamb, salt, and pepper. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until lamb is browned, stirring occasionally.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes, or until lamb is fork-tender.
Like most stews or saucy dishes, we like to serve this over hot cooked rice, noodles, or potatoes so none of the heavenly sauce gets lost!
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!