The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Microwave Autumn Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 6 to 8
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
This dish shouts "autumn!" and "sweet flavor!" so, since all the ingredients are available year-round, you can make it any time you want to whip up a quick and yummy side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 (40-ounce) can sweet potatoes or yams, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
What to Do
- Place the sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe 7 x 11 baking dish. Top with the pineapple and carrots then sprinkle with the brown sugar. Microwave at 70% power for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the marshmallows then nicrowave at 70% power for 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows are melted.
Just before serving, sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon or nutmeg, or even some grated orange zest for extra rich flavor and freshness.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.