Microwave Homestyle Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember making these messy-but-yummy sandwiches from growing up? Now you can make 'em even easier for your kids, and for you! Of course, Homestyle Sloppy Joes are still pretty messy, but that's the fun of eating 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
What to Do
- In a 3-quart microwave-safe bowl, crumble the ground beef; stir in the onion and green pepper. Microwave at 80% power for 4 minutes, or until no pink remians in the beef, stirring halfway through the cooking, drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Microwave at 80% power for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Spoon onto the split buns and serve.
Did you know that the microwave can help us peel onions? Yup, it sure can! Simply place an onion in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 to 45 seconds. Squeeze the onion at the root end until it pops out of its peel.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cravin' some extra comfort after a long day? Our recipe for Weeknight Salisbury Steak will hit the spot! It's a comfort-food favorite that's melt-in-your-mouth tender and seasoned to perfection. Just try to resist licking your plate clean!
American Chicken Chow Mein
Pumpkin Pie in a Mug
Microwavable Barbecued Turkey Drumsticks
Microwave Red Snapper with Lime Sauce
Cheddar Carrot Pudding
Microwavable Old-Fashioned Baked Beans
Microwave Ham and Scalloped Potato Casserole
Microwave Spiral Baked Potatoes
Onion Cheese Dip