Microwave Homestyle Sloppy Joes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember making these messy-but-yummy sandwiches from growing up? Now you can make 'em even easier for your kids, and for you! Of course, Homestyle Sloppy Joes are still pretty messy, but that's the fun of eating 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
What to Do
- In a 3-quart microwave-safe bowl, crumble the ground beef; stir in the onion and green pepper. Microwave at 80% power for 4 minutes, or until no pink remians in the beef, stirring halfway through the cooking, drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Microwave at 80% power for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Spoon onto the split buns and serve.
Did you know that the microwave can help us peel onions? Yup, it sure can! Simply place an onion in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 to 45 seconds. Squeeze the onion at the root end until it pops out of its peel.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.