Harvest Veal Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This stew sure brings back lots of fond memories of cool autumn days in Upstate New York. The only thing missing is the apple-picking and the hot spiced fresh cider.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds veal stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) dried mixed fruit
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (29 ounces) yams, drained
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot that has been coated with cooking spray, brown the veal over high heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients except the yams; mix well . Bring to a boil then cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gently stir in the yams, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the yams are thoroughly heated.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?