Traditional Veal Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Veal is succulent and tender, and it's even better when it's been long-simmered in a stew. Try Traditional Veal Stew and see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds veal stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-1/2 ounces) can diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers (1 green, 1 red), cut into thin strips
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Lightly coat veal pieces with flour mixture; reserve remaining mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook veal 5 to 7 minutes, until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic, and reserved flour mixture to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, cover, and cook 30 minutes, or until veal is fork-tender.
It's nice to serve this hearty dish over cooked rice, and topped with grated cheese.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.