Veal Cacciatore Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 45 Min
This hearty dish combines the flavors of the Old World with the fresh tastes of the New World. One bite of this and they'll be singing "My country 'tis of thee..." Hey now - let's make sure to remove our chefs' hats before singing.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds veal stew meat
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Roll the veal in the flour mixture, coating completely.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a soup pot over high heat until hot; and brown the veal on all sides for 5 minutes. Remove the veal from the pot and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pot and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients, including the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; return the veal to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until the veal is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Veal stew meat is available already cut in the meat case of the supermarket, or you can use your favorite cut of veal and cut it yourself into 1-1/2-inch chunks.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 679
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 69g 137 %
- Cholesterol 238mg 79 %
- Sodium 2,466mg 103 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.1g 24 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!