Easy Funnel Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember those delectable fried funnel cakes you used to get at the fair? Well, now you can make these Pennsylvania Dutch treats at home with our recipe for Easy Funnel Cakes.
What You'll Need:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch of oil until hot.
- Holding a finger over bottom of a funnel with a 5/8-inch opening, pour 1/2 cup of batter into funnel. Drizzle batter into hot oil, swirling it in circles from center outward. Fry until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Repeat until all batter is used. Serve warm.
- Use the batter right away, or it will thicken too much to pass easily through the funnel! If it does get too thick, you can add a little milk to thin it out.
- If you love State Fair food, you'll want to check out our other fair favorites!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 200
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 7.0g 14 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 505mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 8.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've taken quiche to a whole new level with our Steakhouse Onion Quiche recipe. You won't believe the savory flavors that melt together in your mouth! There's so much steak and ooey gooey cheesiness in this one dish that the family just won't be able to resist.