Veal Chops with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sun-dried tomatoes are showing up in all sorts of great recipes, and the first time I tasted them in this, I knew it was a dish that was going to be showing up on my table again and again!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 veal rib chops (about 2 pounds total), 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut in half
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and coat the chops evenly with the flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove the chops to a platter and add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; mix well.
- Return the chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 to 6 more minutes, or to desired doneness.
For even more sun-dried tomato flavor, brown the chops in the oil from the tomatoes instead of in olive oil.