The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Here's my version of an Italian classic. Try adding either mushrooms or tomatoes, or both. You'll have everyone thinking you're a gourmet chef.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds veal cutlets, pounded to about 1/4-inch thick and cut into medallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine or sherry
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained (optional)
What to Do
- Season the medallions with the salt and pepper and place them in a shallow bowl. Pour the wine over the medallions and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour but no longer than 1-1/2 hours. Remove veal, reserving the wine.
- Dredge medallions in the flour. Heat the butter in a large skillet and brown the veal on both sides in batches.
- Return all the medallions to the skillet and add the broth, lemon juice, reserved wine, oregano, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with your favorite pasta.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!