We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's my version of an Italian classic. Try adding either mushrooms or tomatoes, or both. You'll have everyone thinking you're a gourmet chef.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds veal cutlets, pounded to about 1/4-inch thick and cut into medallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine or sherry
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained (optional)
What to Do
- Season the medallions with the salt and pepper and place them in a shallow bowl. Pour the wine over the medallions and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour but no longer than 1-1/2 hours. Remove veal, reserving the wine.
- Dredge medallions in the flour. Heat the butter in a large skillet and brown the veal on both sides in batches.
- Return all the medallions to the skillet and add the broth, lemon juice, reserved wine, oregano, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with your favorite pasta.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.