Fresh Corn Dip
What You'll Need:
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cooked (see Note)
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 to 5 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (1-pound) round pumpernickel bread, unsliced
What To Do:
- Using a sharp knife, remove corn from cob and place in a large bowl. Add cheese, scallions, green chilies, and roasted red pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the bread; mix well. Pour over corn mixture and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a hole in top of bread about 3 inches in diameter. Hollow out bread, leaving one inch of bread around sides. Spoon dip mixture into bread bowl. Cut bread top and hollowed out pieces into 1-inch chunks for dipping.
Here are 3 easy ways to cook corn on the cob:
Steam -- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil, add husked corn, return to a boil, cover, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
Microwave -- Wrap corn in a damp paper towel and microwave 2 minutes per ear.
Grill -- Wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil and cook on grill 15 to 20 minutes or until kernels are tender.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Supersweet Corn Council. For more information and recipes, go to www.freshsupersweetcorn.com.
Plus, if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try out our Easy Corn Fritters!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 26 13