Hamburger Steaks with Sweet and Sour Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A little sweet, a little sour, and a whole lot of "yum" make this an unforgettable ground beef recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
What To Do:
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Place patties in skillet, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a platter, and keep warm.
- Add onion, sugar, and vinegar to skillet; cook 4 minutes over medium heat or until onion mixture is slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Pour onion mixture over hamburger steaks, and serve immediately.
To make sure you're buying extra-lean ground beef, read the label to determine the percentage of fat. Ground beef with 10 percent fat or less is sometimes labeled "ground sirloin" or "extra-lean" and is sometimes marked "90/10," meaning that it's 90 percent ground beef and 10 percent fat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who would've thought that with just 4 ingredients you can make the tastiest shredded pork ever, and right in your slow cooker, too! Our Down-Home Shredded Pork gets it's special flavor from a combination of BBQ sauce and root beer, and when ya slow cook it for hours (like we do) you can bet those flavors are really going to come through.